Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Gatherings


I am currently suffering from a bad case of the after Christmas blues! I love all the anticipation and preparation for Christmas, but am always sad when the whirlwind of activities comes to an end.  I thought I'd take a moment and share with you some images from our family Christmas gatherings.  This year we hosted not 1..but 2 Christmases!

The first one was Christmas morning with my family.  My sweet brother Mike was staying with us from California, so it was only fair to put him to work too.


Nothing makes me happier than a warm beverage on a chilly day...and chilly it was! This warm apple cider and hot chocolate bar did just the trick. 

 
This Wolfgang Puck recipe for spiced apple cider was a winner.


 
Our hot chocolate bar included pirouettes, fudge, marshmallows, whipped cream, m&m's, stir sticks made by dipping spoons into melted chocolate and sprinkled with peppermint, cinnamon, crushed peppermint and a variety of gourmet hot chocolate packets.
 
 
I bought these tin containers from the dollar spot at Target and painted them with chalkboard paint for a fun little twist.
 
 
We used this old shutter to display Christmas cards. 
 
 
Try something new this year! I never would have guessed I would be capable of making this, but was quite pleased with how it turned out! This centerpiece was the anchor on the table.
 
 
Our main tree
 
 
 
Lots of presents
 
 
I didn't get too many pictures fom Christmas #2 with Josh's family, but here are a few.  We decided to do an italian themed dinner. 
 
 
I made homemade lasagna.  Yum!
 
 
 
We also had these fun drinks, which we nicknamed "The Grinch."  They were Prosecco with a scoop of lime sherbert.
 
 
This is the newest member in Josh's family, Levi.  I could hardly handle his cuteness!
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a white Christmas this year which doesn't happen too often in Texas!
 
 
Wishing you all a very happy new year and a blessed 2013. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment