Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sweet Girl Baby Shower

This weekend I got to honor my friend Stephanie and her sweet girl by hosting a shower with 2 other close friends of mine.  It was so. stinkin. fun.  I loved everything from designing the invite (we used an electronic invite from punchbowl.com), making the menu, planning the games, and figuring out the decor and sweet little touches that make it so special. 


My friend Deb and I preparing for the shower. 

When guests arrived they were greeted by this wreath that was actually from my wedding. 

 
Josh and I spent tons of time fluffing up these fluffies.
 
 

 
 
They were the perfect thing to center over the food table.
 
 
 
 
Guests filled out their wishes for baby.  I got this awesome little freebie from here.
 
 
 
Here's our DIY banner.  We made a hobby lobby run one day and found the precut pennants, letters and fabric flowers.  We put a coat of paint and glitter on the letters and glued them down with hot glue.  Voila! We framed this free printable from  Technology Rocks Seriously and placed it on the entry table. I served double duty...decor but also a cute little something for momma to take with her.
 
 
 
 
 
We served french sparkling pink lemonade from Trader Joes and this delicious pink party punch  from Style Berry Blog.
 
 
The guest of honor with the 3 hostesses!
 
 
 
 
 
We played "The Price is Right" with these adorable recording sheets I made.  I assembled a basket full of goodies I thought Stephanie might need (wipes, diapers, baby powder, onesies, etc). This is hard to do when you've never actually had a child yourself!  The guests guessed the price of each item.  Everyone totaled up their list and the one closest to the actual total got a little goody and the momma got all the goods.  It was so fun!
 
 
I will leave you with these gorgeous images I pinned during the planning process.  Pinterest makes for the ultimate party planner. 
 
Tutuable Shower from P is for Party
 
 
 
Alice in Wonderland shower from Bump Smitten
 
 
(I couldn't find the original source on this one.  If it is yours, please let me know so I can give you proper credit. )
 
 
Ballerina Bakery Party from Bump Smitten
 
Ready to Pop Shower from Bump Smitten
 
  
 
I can't wait to meet sweet baby Adelyn in just a few short weeks.
 
Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Psalm 127:3

No comments:

Post a Comment