Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chex Lemon Buddies

You know that moment the night before an event where you suddenly remember that you are supposed to bring something to nibble? I found myself in that predicament earlier this evening. Our school's back to school bash is tomorrow and I had no clue what to bring.  Enter Pinterest.  I love that I can easily pull it up when I am out and about. After approximately 12 seconds I had decided on this yummy recipe for lemon chex buddies. It's snackable, easy and will store well if I lug it with me to school all day.


Chex Lemon Buddies

9 cups Rice Chex cereal
1 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 tsp grated lemon peel
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 cups powdered sugar
 
Here is what you need:
(I only used one lemon.)

Measure cereal into a large mixing bowl and set aside. In a microwaveable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 more seconds or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a 2-gallon resealable food storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar, seal bag and shake until all the cereal is well-coated.
 
 

Overall I thought it was pretty good. I still think I prefer the good ol chocolate and peanut butter version of this recipe.  I've been eyeballing this  funfetti buddy recipe on pinterest for a while too.  I might have to try this next. These are definitely not on my diet plan!


On another note, look what we were greeted with this when we got home from the store. Any guesses on what it is?

It's the piece we just ordered for our refrigerator that hooks up to the water line for the ice maker/water dispenser. We set it high on the counter so Owen would not get it. He still managed to pull it down and chew it to shreds. Luckily my intelligent husband was still able to make it work, even though all the electrical parts were shot.
Good thing he is cute!

 

1 comment:

  1. Owen, Owen, Owen. That little boy is such a curious dog!

    Michelle B.

    ReplyDelete